NDI is now supported in Nimble Streamer
, a software media server by Softvelum
Nimble Streamer can be used as an efficient bridge between live production environments and global Internet.NDI input
Nimble Streamer takes NDI input and handles it for further processing.
- Get NDI from local network, decode it and make multiple renditions if needed.
- Encode content into H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP8, VP9 with supported encoding libraries.
- Re-package into other live protocols like SRT, RIST RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH , Icecast etc
- Record with DVR and play via HLS and MPEG-DASH.
Nimble Streamer can take any live stream input and create output NDI stream.
NDI monitoring console tool
- It takes input via supported protocols like SRT, RIST, RTMP, MPEG-TS etc.
- Transcode and send the content via NDI into local network.
Along with implementing NDI in Nimble Streamer, we've made a console tool for diagnosing NDI streams.
It shows the list of active NDI streams in your network and provides detailed information about video and audio frames.
More details are shown on Nimble NDI digest page
and in setup technical article