NewTek Discussions - NDI Announcements
NDI Tools 4.5 has been released for Windows and Macintosh. Updated NDI Analysis and SDK, the Unreal Engine NDI SDK is now available.
Here is a (very) partial list of improvements from the SDK docs. This release is under the hood improvements, NDI Tools operate as they did before.
* Significant improvement to UDP sender that should dramatically improve the performance on many systems and networks. This should reduce the CPU time, and also get far better network efficiency.
* At 1080p60 the number of channels of decoding possible on Windows should increase when you have a larger number of cores available.
* Lower latency in all forms of HX decoding. This is at least 2 frames better in almost all cases and in many it will be better than that.
* Vastly improved startup discovery performance on Windows.
* Quite a large improvement to codec quality.
* Fix for problem with right clicking when using Scan Converter and KVM.
* NDI now uses predictable port numbers in all cases so that fire-wall rules can be properly built.
- Each connection uses TCP ports 5960 and up.
- Each mTCP or UDP receiver use port 6960 and up.
- Each mTCP or UDP sender use port 7960 and up.http://ndi.tv